Sunday, June 1, 2014

surprise! it's a birthday party!


I had no idea this was in the works by my first niece.
All I knew was this:
they had a new grill and wanted to have me over for a test cookout.
I bought that line, too.
Even though she had asked me almost a week in advance.

Even after my eldest brother and his wife showed up right after I got out of my car, I still didn't know that this was a surprise birthday party for me.
Even though he said "surprise!",
I figured it was because he was there for the cookout and I hadn't expected him.


Not until my outlaw Melinda,
mother of my first niece, and my nephew Michael, came out of the house, did I have a clue.
THEN I knew!
Wow!
I had never had a surprise birthday party before!!!

She had done such a great job at getting everyone together!
They all have such busy work schedules, even on weekends, so I was thrilled that they had given their Sunday evening to me.
Wow.
I truly am so blessed.

After an attempt to play some kind of lawn bowling game, it was time for the grilled hotdogs, baked beans, potato salad, chips, and all the possible condiments one could ever want.
Yum! I ate three of those delicious hotdogs!!!
Thanks, Jason!

Then came the time for cake!!!
She had made cupcakes,
Minion cupcakes!
Hahahahaha! The little yellow Minion laughs just like that!
The purple Minion blows a party favor - for real, y'all!
And there were cards and presents and game-playing, too!
I truly am so very blessed - and so very loved.

No comments: