Saturday, June 7, 2014

them ribs! them ribs! love them ribs!



This is my free birthday gift from
Texas Roadhouse:
a Sidekick (Half Order) of
Fall-Off-The-Bone Ribs,
brushed with their very own barbeque sauce.


This is those same ribs,
after a light stroke across the top with a knife to break them up.
Seriously, the meat
fell off the bones.
Just like they said it would.


And this is all that was left of those tasty ribs.
Bones, bones, bones!
I even nibbled the marrow at the end of each one!
You see, I am a flat-out fool for good ribs.
And these were superb!

I'm glad I selected the Country Veg Plate as my entree.
I got a bowl which was slap full of steamed carrots and broccoli,
another bowl with Southern-style green beans,
and a baked sweet potato sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon.
I regarded that as dessert!


Oh, and let's not forget about the House Salad!
Nice hearts of romaine, fresh greens, chopped egg - heck, it could stand in as a lunch on a summer day!
And that was even with me omitting the cheese and croutons, y'all.


Was it enough food?
Oh, yes. I even brought half of the sweet potato home with me.
How about the atmosphere?
Definitely a party, but family style fun. There were a few songs that a group of the waitresses would two-steo to and my waitress, Samantha, was friendly and chatty as I neared the end of the meal.
She knew to leave me be while I was attacking the ribs!!!
(smile!)

Before the meal, I went to "The Other Woman", the latest Cameron Diaz movie, with Don Johnson as her dad. What a hoot! I had put off going, concerned that it might be more ridiculous than fun.
That was definitely a mistake on my part. I was in such a good mood after so much laughter!
It was the perfect prelude to my meal, after a nice walk around the mall.

After the meal, gorged on rib meat and veggies, I partook of "The Railway Man", the post-World War II film with Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman.
Excellent.
Truly it was.
Even though it made me cry.
I think I cried mostly because it was a true story of two men and forgiveness.

And it occured to me that I had actually seen the movies in the right order.
Not the order in which I wanted to see them, mind.
I had thought seeing the war film first and the funny movie second would be the way to go.
No.
If the showtimes had allowed me to do that, I would not have been in the elated mood I was for my dinner.
I would have been sad and maybe even a little weepy.
That would have made for a totaly different dining experience for my birthday meal.

I am thankful for the coincidences which came into play for my benefit.
I am truly blessed!!!
i thank You, God.

No comments: