Thursday, June 19, 2014

thursday, thursday, thursday in the afternoon


What a grand time I've had today!
I knew the families were just hanging at the Orange Lake pools today, no theme-parking. However, I also knew that my skin needed a break from the sun-drubbing it had taken on Tuesday. Today, I would finally go to Downtown Disney and ride the balloon!!!
Nope.
Didn't happen.

I had looked at a map
- uh oh -
and decided I knew
where I was going
more than Nuvi did.

Well, as it turns out,
I had an adventure instead!


No, I was not lost.

I was on 27-North and 50-East.

Orange groves, lakes, greenery!
Hardly any signs of buildings,
very little traffic.

Quite lovely and relaxing!
I ended up in Winter Garden.
As I was driving along, thinking about food, I saw a lovely area called "The Grove", which looked like the downtown part of the city. Perhaps? If nothing else, it was certainly time to get out and stretch my legs.
So I circled back and parked.
Lo! There's a directory on that corner! Okay, let's see what is available in the category of "food."
Hmmm. Chain seafood restaurant, chain yogurt shop, chain burger joint... Hey! That sound like a local joint!
The ex would be so pleased.
So, why not do as we would have done while married? After all, this family reunion is on his side.
As it turned out, Mimi's Cafe actually is part of a national chain. That's okay - it was new to me!


A 1994 penny caught my eye, shimmering right below my table. That cinched my choice - I was meant to be here.
I selected from the French side of the menu.

Roasted Chicken Crêpes
House-made crêpes with slow-roasted chicken, sautéed spinach & mushrooms, and sliced cherry tomatoes, topped with Dijon Chardonnay sauce. With a Mimi’s House Salad tossed in red wine shallot vinaigrette.


Oh, my -

is that my favorite dessert?!?!

So that was added to the order.

Brioche Bread Pudding
with Bourbon-butter sauce.



Very nice! I had them both together, of course!
As well as five glasses of unsweetened iced tea - refreshing!
I ate every last bite, too. Scrumptious, delicate crepes, perfect mustard counterpoint in the sauce, beautiful textures to all!
Yum!!!
Then I had a little stroll in the area and headed back toward Kissimmee.

No comments: