Saturday, June 21, 2014

catching up the lil bro et alia



sentiment inside this card:
Hoping you will find
renewed joy in
old-fashioned pleasures
and simple treasures.


I wrote underneath it:
(This is an odd sentiment for a Thank You card, isn't it??)
But my youngest brother doesn't care what I use as stationery, as long as I write to him. I really appreciate that and try to keep throwing some fun things into the mix, keeping it fresh for both of us.
I've already shared some of that here and here.
(smile!)
Shall we?

Hey, Dood!
I'm home! Didja miss me???
Then again... did I tell you I was going to Orlando for the Kopek-Davidson family reunion? I did, right??
Perhaps not.
Those are the folks in Jeff's family. Since I was married to him for 15 years, I still mos def regard myself as part of that family! When I went to TN after seeing - and dancing with! - Kevin Costner, Stephanie told me the reunion was to be in Orlando this year, rather than VA, and that she would be there. I checked with Jeff's cousin Michelle, got the dates, and managed to book myself a place for most of that time. As a bonus, Orbit One Vacation Villas (where I stayed) was less than 3 miles from Orange Lake Resort (where they were). How cool is that?
Coincidences are funny things. At the time I booked my place, I had no idea where they staying. It was simply a place I had never stayed before (I wanted change) and the dates - and cost {in my vacation points} - were excellent. They were to be there from 15 to 21 June, I was there 15 to 20 June. God is truly wonderful and I am so very blessed!
The first evening, we celebrated Nikolas' 10th birthday, Father's Day for Uncle Larry and Brian and John, and Stephanie's engagement to Daniel! Very nice!
On Tuesday, we spent a lot of time at the pool, just hanging out and enjoying each other's company. Very nice! Steph and Daniel even took me to lunch at Shula Burger - mine had bbq and an onion ring on top of the burger. It was huge. I had to take off the onion ring just to be able to eat it!
Monday and Wednesday, most of them were out at the theme parks, which now cost $94 per day. Ouch!!! So I did not do that. But on Thursday, it was another lounging by the pool day! And I went out to Joe's Crab Shack with Steph and Daniel, than had a nice long talk with Chris (her brother) when I got back to their condo.
Maybe I should whip up a family tree for you to know these folks, by name at least...

with much love!

* * * * *
In case you're wondering, I did draw a family tree for him. I even added ages for folks!

No comments: