Sunday, June 22, 2014

all you need is love - bwahbwahbwah bwah bwah



A smiley-face heart!
When I emerged yesterday afternoon from a French film about a teen-aged prostitute, this was awaiting me. Right in the midst of a blue sky, the message wanted to be sure it was seen.
"Love, love, love!" it proclaimed!
I think it no coincidence.
Yesterday was certainly blessed with love for me!

As I said, the film, "Jeune & jolie", was a blatant sexploitation piece and featured a 17-year-old's body. But, I had the good fortune to sit with my friend Sara G and Ken, a new guy from Boston. So, hugs for all!
Then, after the film had finally ended, the bfe and his ladyfriend bounded over to greet me. Yeah! More hugs! He and I really need to catch up sometime soon, but this would not be the day. They had dinner plans and I was going to the Lucas in search of a concert ticket.
And up in the sky, above my car, what did I see?
The smiley-face heart, beaming out of the blue!
Love, love, love!

So, off I went to hopefully see 1964 - The Tribute concert. They were in town as part of their 50th Anniversary Celebration tour and were playing in my favorite venue, the beautiful Lucas Theatre. Sah-weet! Maybe there would still be seats available... maybe there would still be inexpensive seats available?
Wonder of wonders, there were!!!
I snatched one up and walked in to a nearly packed house, all a-buzz and a-titter!
What an incredible show these guys gave!!! From the first chords of "I Saw Her Standing There", I knew I was meant to be there!
Come on, you know the song - "Oh, she was just seventeen, you know what I mean" - how perfect a segue could one ever hope to get for diverse, unrelated events?
(smile!)
The musicians really knew what they were doing and were doing what they loved - and it showed. Great energy, zapping us back in time to what would have been a standard Beatles concert, if a bit longish. And that was just the first set.
After 45 minutes, the boys in the band took a well-deserved break, then came back with an even more energized second set of the same length!
Whew! What a set! "Twist and Shout", "Roll Over Beethoven", "Yellow Submarine"! "Michelle", "Yesterday", "She Loves You"!
And interspersed with the music were quips and digs and all the stuff the British blokes were known for in their concerts, back in the day.
But, these guys were doing it, live and in person, for three times longer than the original guys did.
And these guys have been doing so for the last thirty years.
Wow! I cannot believe my good fortune!
I've wanted to hear the Beatles' music in concert ever since the peace Guy saw Sir Paul last year. What great timing! What an amazing coincidence that I was able to get a last-minute ticket!!!

But my evening was not quite done. Nosirreebob!
My first niece had texted me during the intermission.
Would I please join her to see the new movie about Sleeping Beauty?
Yes, yes, I would!
Yes, yes, I could, too!
My journey to 1964 would have me returned to the present in just enough time to pop onto the parkway and over to the cinema!
Woohoo!!!
Love, love, love, y'all!

And now, time for sweet dreams...


No comments: