Friday, June 13, 2014

lookin' after two old ladies


I snapped these two photos early on in my kitteh-sitting, back on May 27th, after my return from Daytona Beach.
They are still on my phone and serve as a little mini-movie for me.
I can flip from one to the other and back, animating Chloe as she looks back at Contessa, and then both as they look up at me.
Sheer serendipity that the photos turned out like that!

Tomorrow, the bfe will clamber out of the SNO+ and return to his girls.
I will be so relieved that they have all made it safely back to each other!
This has been such a big responsibility!


But it has also been a great joy for me to spend so much time with these old lady cats.
So much touch therapy I have received from them - and they from me.
Y'all know how I am about touch.
Tomorrow, I depart to join my outlaws at a family reunion in Orlando. I'll be getting lots of touch therapy there, too, as I visit with the first and second cousins of the ex. It will be so wonderful to see them again!
Sure, I get to see the Davidsons and Kopeks in Virginia ever couple of years, as I did last year after visiting Melaness in Pennsylvania, and in 2011 when I had traveled up with my bird to visit them and some other friends. It's been very nice seeing so much of them!
However, it's been almost five years since I've the Kopeks living up in Minnesota and Tennessee - not since the beach house at Nags Head, in July of 2009.
Sure, I was able to see the cheerful Stephanie just a few months ago, and she and I had a lovely time together! But I missed her brother, Chris, as he was in Georgia when I was in Tennessee.
And we will all miss their dad's laughter and jokes at this family reunion. I will miss David's bear hugs, too.
But this week in Orlando will be the first we've all been together and not at a funeral.
That will be very good.
That will be healing.
That will be a good transition from catsitter to on my own again.

These two photographs? I'll keep them on my phone for awhile, my own kittehs short film - super, super short! - to make me smile.
Who knows? I just may watch that movie for a few years.
I just might.

No comments: