Friday, July 11, 2014

i don't feel any older yet


Later this evening, I'll be joining Barbara and some of her friends at Sweet Potatoes, a cheerful place for celebrations or rainy winter days.
She's a "retired", but still practicing, math teacher with a great sense of humor.
Here's the conversation by text we just had.
She had just sent out the time for the dinner.

me: Can do! C U there! Happy birthday!

her: Thanks. I don't feel any older yet.

me: Nah, the reaction is slower as you get older. It may take a day or so. :-)

her: Thank you for that scientific explanation although in a day or so I expect I'll have to do the math to recall how old I am. Who knew it would be so hard to remember!!!


Indeed. Half the time I'm not quite sure of my physical age. It's just a number, right? A marking since my birth of the Earth's revolutions around the sun in our Milky Way?
Just one more number...

No comments: