Sunday, July 20, 2014

the t-shirt with me on it


At today's doubleheader, I wore my hair in a single ponytail.
And I wore the Savannah Sand Gnats' T-shirt that features me.
That's right - me.
Perhaps a close-up will help.
Can you see me now?
Let me help. First, look just above the "19" in the "Est. 1903" line below the picture. See the little boy standing in the aisle? Okay, look directly to his left. See the woman in the purple top, the one who looks like she is sitting right behind the pole?
That's me.
I wish I could tell you when that photograph on the T-shirt was taken. I recall the guy setting up the camera to take shots of the field. I recall that little boy coming down the aisle and standing by me. Then, the next thing I know, this T-shirt appears as a giveaway one night, to the first thousand fans, and I got one. As I looked at it, I realized I was looking at myself.
Just so you know, that is pretty awesome, to realize that someone captured you in a moment in time when you were relaxed and enjoying yourself. Truly, it is such an awesome gift for an anonymous stranger to have given to me.
Now, I document it here.
The shirt is at least ten years old. Actually, I'm fairly certain it was part of the "100 Years of Savannah Baseball at Grayson Stadium" celebration in 2003. So, it's eleven years old and fading with each wash and dry cycle.
I've tried to wear it sparingly in the past, to extend the life of the artwork. How silly, to deprive myself of wearing an article of clothing that brings me joy and good memories!
I intend to wear. it. out.
Just like Mister Willie does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Universe via tut.ccsend.com

Jul 28

Each blossom still blooms in its field; each child still clutches your hand; each friend still lingers in your heart.

And that, dear Faustina, is where time goes.

Forever young,
The Universe