Sunday, July 13, 2014

sunsets and baseball, oh my!


One of the reasons I so enjoy the Sand Gnats' games is this: I have a front row view to the sunset on every night game.
I don't mean that literally. My actual seat is back on the green-painted wooden bleachers, behind home plate, under the roof and protected by the safety netting.
That gives me an unobstructed view of the sunset, out beyond center field.
Some sunsets are definitely more notable than others.
Last night's, for instance.
We had been beset by summer storms the past few days, with Friday's game rained out and Thursday's called on acount of rain (after three innings of continuous drenching).
The moisture level was still high in the air and clouds were plentiful.
That set up last night for a levely light show, courtesy of Mother Nature.
So... Here we go!
These photographs were taken about four minutes apart, using only the camera of my 7-year-old Samsung, flip-style, cell phone.







No comments: