Thursday, July 3, 2014

here's lookin' at you, kid


So, there I was the the ballpark, watching the Gnats play their final game of this home stand, along with 4013 other fans.
Yeah, you heard correctly.
The game was SOLD OUT.
No surprise there. In addition to it being Drunk Night, this was the final home game of the 4th of July weekend, so there would be fiReWOrKs. That means lots of families with kids, in addition to the usual crowd of cheap beer drinkers.
No, Mister Willie was not in attendance. He had ceiling work being done and didn't want to leave Sweetheart alone with that mess. Laurie and Lynn were up in Pennsylvania, so Gnate would have to sing "Sweet Caroline" without their foam-finger dancing. But Bruce, the Riverdog fan, was there. Jack was, too, in the company of his sweetie, Joyce Ann. So I had plenty of folk there that I knew.
Plus, my first niece and her foster son joined me just in time for the last inning and the fiReWOrKs!
So, as I said, there I was enjoying the game. And the incredible crowd.
And, suddenly, I saw that even in the sky above, there was at least one other watching the game with me.
I don't recognize the face, do you?
I'm thinking the face was that of a being from another world.
Then again, I saw "Earth To Echo" yesterday and that made quite an impression on me. I was actually at the cinema for another movie, but that one had unexpectedly left early, so the attendant switched me up for this one.
Good call.
Yes, it did make me cry. Movies that highlight the importance of friendship, like in "Monsters, Inc.", always make me cry.
Remember, friends are the family you choose.
It's good when the circles overlap and you have family members who are also friends.
Maybe that was the message tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

July 5, 2014, 8;23 pm:

David (my first niece's grandpa) wrote: "In the sky I see the eyes just like God looking down on us."