Saturday, July 12, 2014

i got a ping pong ball!


Honestly, that's what I texted to my friend Bill, along with the above picture.
That was the start of this fabulously fun evening at the ballpark!
You see, it was Forrest Gump Night with the Sand Gnats, in honor of the movie's 20th anniversary. I had been sure to arrive super-early so I would be one of the lucky 500 in the "Life is Like a Box of Chocolates" Giveaway. Success!
And when I opened my little 'gift', did I find chocolate? A free game ticket? A magical feather to grant access to the rest of the games this season?
Others did.
I got a ping pong ball.
Reminds me of poor Charlie Brown getting rocks in his trick-or-treat bag!
Hahaha haha!
Truly, I was delighted!


Here's Gnate T. Gnat,
taking a moment
to sit with Forrest Gump.
Notice that
SAL Championship ring
our beloved mascot is wearing!


Here's Mister
Willie Smith, Jr.,
taking a load off his frame
to greet Forrest Gump.
He's flashing his
SAL Championship ring
that the Sand Gnats gave him!


And of course yours truly
took advantage
of the situation
to sit with Forrest Gump!
See him pointing at my
as-yet unopened
'box of chocolate'?


Forrest Gump
gets ready
to throw that
first pitch...


... and he goes into the wind-up...


Success!
The pitch made
perfect contact
with the catcher's mitt!
Play ball!!!


Here he is,
in the dugout,
awaiting his turn at bat.
(Sadly, he did not
get called up.)
LOL!


Here's Forrest Gump
racing Gnate
around the bases!
Run, Forrest, run!


Come back, Forrest,
come back!
You're going
the wrong way!


He fared very well
at Gump Trivia, though!
(I did pretty well
at that, too,
down in Daytona Beach!)


Forrest and Gnate
had fun together
at the third-base gate,
greeting kids!


Forrest even
autographed some baseballs
for the kids...
and maybe for a few adults, too!


And here we have
Gnate chatting up
Forrest and Lt. Dan!
Just so you know,
that isn't really Lt. Dan,
but our very own Catfish,
Lifetime Season Ticket Holder
for the Sand Gnats!


The sky was gorgeous, too!
I decided
to do a time-lapse
of the sunset,
starting now...







Baseball at night - such a delight!

No comments: