Thursday, July 10, 2014

mister willie, baseball, and thriller


" Now is the time
for you and I to cuddle close together, yeah

All through the night
I'll save you from the terror on the screen

I'll make you see
"
" That this is thriller,
thriller night

'Cause I can thrill you more than any ghost would ever dare try
"
"Thriller,
thriller night

So let me hold you tight and share a
Killer,
diller,
chiller,
thriller
here tonight
"

Because the baseball game was called to a halt tonight - after three innings of continuous rain - I found myself home earlier than anticipated, but too late to go to a movie at the cinema.
No worries!
One of my favorites, with Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo - mRrreRrr - seemed to have recently started, so I settled in to half-watch "13 Going On 30" while putting away the laundry from earlier.
Then I realized... I had NOT missed my favorite part of the movie!!!
Hooray!!!!

What a great evening it had been!
I had spoken to Willie earlier in the day.
Might I be going to the game tonight?
If so, could I pick him up along the way?
"Yes" and "yes" were my replies.
When I had arrived near six PM, he was in fine form, cheerful and ready for some baseball.
Alrighty then!!!
let's go!!!


Perhaps he knew it would be a shorter evening, too, allowing him an early return home for the fine dinner his Sweetheart had awaiting him.
Plus, the Gnats won tonight!
Yeah, it probably was because he was there to encourage them.
(smile!)
You betcha!

No comments: