Saturday, July 19, 2014

are you ready for some baseball???


I was!
I had my hair up in double ponytails, to offset the summer heat!
I had my favorite summer top on!
Chicken Tender Platter, topped with dill pickle chips?
Check!
$1 soda in my Season Ticket Holder cup?
Check!
Woohoo!!!
Go Gnats!!!
So, up into the General Admission wooden bleachers I went, to sit and cheer with Mister Willie.
Woohoo!!!
Sadly, the game never even got started tonight.
I should have realized something was amiss when I saw that none of the players, ours or Lexington's, were warming up on the field.
About fifteen minutes before start time, this was the sight.
Not a good sign.
They were already pulling the tarp over the infield and the game had not even begun.
The announcer said a lightning storm was coming, so the game would be delayed until it passed.
Okay! Fireworks by Mother Nature, as a preview to the post-game, Saturday night, fiReWOrKs! That would be cool!
Yeah.
That didn't happen.
When the rain finally did begin, almost an hour past start time, no lightning accompanied it.
Just rain, lots and lots and LOTS of rain.
The tarp gleamed and light reflected off the puddles to the right, to the left, in the outfield - everywhere.
Yes, I'm sure the ducks of Daffin Park were elated at the new little lakes in Grayson Stadium.
The Sand Gnats' fans? Were they elated?
No, not so much.
We had been looking forward to a summer evening outdoors, watching talented young men playing America's pastime, with fireworks to delight us at the end of our adventure in baseball.
That worked out okay, though.
They finally called the game just before 8 pm, after two hours of fans just hanging out together.
I took Mister Willie home, then headed off for my $5, 5-topping pizza.
This time, my cheeseless, thin crust, pie had chicken breast, spinach, diced Roma tomatoes, pineapple, and chopped artichoke hearts. Sooo very tasty!!! And he rain had cooled the house off enough that I could even turn on the oven and bake it! Woohoo!
How did I get a $13 pizza for only $5? The boys had scored the requisite five runs last night for the deal at Papa Murphy's. Actually, the boys won with a score of exactly five runs, allowing the Legends to only make one run.
We'll see how the teams do for tomorrow's doubleheader.
Maybe more pizza is in my future!

10 comments:

Anne Sherman said...

July 20, 2014 12:04 PM

La Bella Faustina! :)

Sam Delong said...

July 20, 2014 12:11 PM

Love you girl!!!

Angela Johnson said...

July 20, 2014 12:16 PM

Love the pony tails!!!

Nancy Oliver said...

July 20, 2014 12:24 PM

"beautiful :)

Jim Reed said...

July 20, 2014 12:38 PM

Wait, if there are two of them, aren't they "pigtails?" I've never understood the rules. All I know is that intergalactic policemen are allowed to have crazy long "rat tails".

Pat Andres said...

July 20, 2014 1:04 PM

You are so cute.

Barbara Narcarti said...

July 20, 2014 7:10 PM

You look so pretty in this picture. You favor Harvey some when he was a young man.

Aunt Barbara

Eric Mitchell said...

July 20, 2014 9:11 PM

I remember that you had a ponytail in college!

faustina said...

July 20, 2014 11;10 PM

Aunt Barbara, all of us kids looked more like Daddy than like Mama, until we started getting older. Daddy said I looked like y'all's mother.
Jim, pigtails require the hair to be in braids. It doesn't matter how many, though. Ponytails are with the hair loose, pigtails are braided. Got it?
Eric, yes i did! Thanks y'all for the nice comments!

Jim Reed said...

July 20, 2014 11:23 PM

Tina, I totally understand the difference now, and I can't believe it took me so long to understand. Now that you phrased it like that, it makes perfect sense. Thanks!