Wednesday, July 9, 2014

birthdays and brothers


Last Sunday, my middle little brother, Ronnie, became 52 years old.
(That's about 22 years older than he ever expected to be.)
Here he is, dining on fried shrimp at Carey Hilliard's restaurant.
That's what he wanted, so that's where we went!
I had the bbq plate, as is my usual there.
We grew up eating this barbeque and its sauce is the one I use to measure all others.


Today, my biggest little brother, Smitty, became 54 years old.
[Sure, he wasn't named Smitty, but he's a 'junior', so a nickname is guaranteed. His wife is the only one who calls him Harvey.]
(He has always intended to live as long as humanly possible.)
Here he is, dining on mexican fare at JalapeƱo’s restaurant.
That's what he wanted, as that's where his Wednesday night dinner group would be!
I had ceviche - yum!!!!
This restuarant is not something we grew up with, as it first began in 1996.
I do enjoy its cilantro-laced salsa very much, too.
It stands up quite well in comparisons with other salsas, both here in the States and abroad.

1 comment:

faustina said...

Four years later, we were celebrating the birthdays of both brothers, together, plus in the presence of our youngest brother!
What an absolute blessing!
The new photo is on my entertainment center, given to me as a Christmas gift in 2018.
Thanks, Dood.

https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2018/07/those-smith-kids.html