Monday, December 8, 2014

let sleeping kittehs lie



Today, I had lunch with the bfe to celebrate his birthday.

I thought that was back in November.

Well, it was, but today we dined in the Galley, with him dining courtesy of the university. You see, for our birthday, the Human Resources folks reward us with a free meal on campus. He had contacted me last week to suggest we dine sometime this week, and today was that "sometime".
Cliff and Mitch joined us for awhile, then they scooted on back to the Science Center.
Very kind of them to do so.

(arched right eyebrow)

You know, so the bfe and I could have some time to chat freely. After all, I had been invited to the luncheon; they had invited themselves. Or perhaps been included when today's hall talk turned to lunch options. I really don't know and am "just making it up at this point".
That's how the bfe refers to conjecture.
(smile)

I see. How does he deal with creating hypotheses? Those are conjectures.

Yes, but there is a general scientific underpinning to those. That makes them "okay".
Anywho, I was talking about lunch today and conversation with him.

Do tell.
Seriously.
Y'all have some pretty interesting talks.


I know! Today, we were talking about burlesque shows that didn't happen and burlesque shows which were missed.
We were also talking about odd words, like "Fliss" and "fliss" and "frotteurism". That conversation arose because I had told him I had done a search to see if my Fliss of Kickstarter blog was still on darknet.
Honestly, I have to wonder if that boyfriend of mine in San Diego, lo these many moons ago, had known of that term "fliss" when he nicknamed me that. He had said it was because of the sound of my initials run together, but he was certainly the kind of guy who would know about kinky, torturous sexual practices.
But I digress from my tale of today.

I'll say. DLE was thirty years ago... Wait a minute! Hadn't he wanted you to marry him and move to Spain?

Yes, that's David. I was already out of the Navy and out of California, but he still had several years to go. When he got orders to Spain, I was settling in to life in Savannah and starting school and... well, to be honest, I was a bit relieved to know he was going across the Atlantic. What we had in San Diego was done, d o n e, done, in my book. Last I heard, when he got to Rota, he met a Marine and married her.
Good for him, I say.
I was certainly not the right one for that relationship.

Okay... meanwhile, back at the ranch...?

Oh, yeah. I was looking to see if my blog was still, essentially, operating in Darknet, where even the Great Google could not find me.
BWAH ha ha!!!
Apparently, it is off that search engine's radar still.
As you see, I do pepper my posts with links to other websites, wondering whether mine will be uncovered by doing so, but, honestly, I like being on the dark side of the internet.
Fewer robots come crashing over to make inane comments on posts.
THAT is a very, very good thing.

Dear, if I may interrupt before you catch hold of some other wild tangent and go winging off into the ether? Please tell me the reason for the photo?

What's that? You want to know about the photograph at the top of this post?
Sure thing!
The bfe snapped it of his old lady cats, Chloe and Contessa.
That blue tortoise one is Contessa. I've waxed rhapsodic about her a time or two.
That's not to say I have disregarded the Chloe girl here - never! She was the one I wrote of here and here, even though her name was not mentioned.
The two girls have been quite sisterly since Thanksgiving.
United by a common enemy, as it were, but I like to think that Oskar and Klaus have had a beneficial influence, too.

Beep! Beep! Back up there! What was that "common enemy" thing about?

Well, on Thanksgiving Day, the bfe and his girlfriend cooked duck, among other things. After they were done with the meal, they shared some of the fowl with his old lady cats and her tiny dog, Cocoa Chanel. Generally, Cocoa and Contessa get along quite well; Chloe tolerates the dog's existence.
Like I said, the humans were sharing their repast with the critters. Chloe chose to abstain and was looking in the kitchen for treats. 'Tessa ate up all in her bowl and then moseyed over to check out the slow-eating guest. At that point, the little dog lost her mind and began barking! The 'Tess hissed, startled, and Chloe came racing in from the kitchen, making a beeline for the dog!!! Wow! What chaos! The humans had to react quickly to keep blood from being spilled!
But how very nice that Chloe came to Contessa's rescue!
The bfe and I believe the book about the blind cat and its best kitteh friend has helped remind his girls to look after each other.
Isn't that sweet?
I am so proud of them!
(beam!)

No comments: