Monday, December 1, 2014

two Thanksgivings for breakfast!



Yes, I am most definitely grateful!
This year, I was treated to Thanksgiving feasts not once, but twice!
The first was actually on Thanksgiving Day, here in the USA. (You do know that Canada celebrates the occasion on a different day, right? Yep, on the second Monday in October, eh?)
The lower half of my plate contains some of the leftovers from that feast. The dinner was in Augusta, at my paternal cousin Bev's house. You may recall that she is quite a chef and the reason I supported a cookbook campaign on kickstarter.com. I do have to wonder now if that Brussels sprouts dish might have been one of the recipes in her copy of the book? True, I could simply look it up in my copy of "A Dollop and A Pinch", but I'm busy writing.
(smile)
Whatever the source of the inspiration, that medley sure was good this morning! The bacon got good and crispy and the apple caramelized just a bit more... I tell you, I ate every bite!
The miniature pumpkin pie was from the second of my Thanksgiving meals. This time, I dined in town, at my first niece's house. Turkey, dressing, rice and gravy, green bean casserole (the secret was the mozzarella cheese!), corn souffle! And a plethora of desserts, garnered from pinterest.com, her latest craze!
I was able to make off with several of the mini pies, one of which is featured in the top of this breakfast plate. Should I count it as dessert or another vegetable? After all, a pumpkin is a type of squash. I'll let it count in both categories!

No comments: