Sunday, December 28, 2014

Paul and Cathy go to Wash Plus!


Ceviche for breakfast!!!
You bet! Since it was laundry day (today's travelers by plane must pack light), we ate brunch at Jalapenos, right across the street from my favorite laundrette. What a great way to start the day!

While Cathy and I enjoyed our brunch at a leisurely pace, Paul bopped across the road to Wash Plus to start the wash cycle. By the time it was done and he bopped back to put the load into the dryer, we were sated!
It was so nice to introduce them to Nami, too! She and I have known each other for almost 20 years!
You see, I've been coming to her place for tending to my clothes ever since 1996.

Clothes were washed, dried, and folded. On to other events!
First on the list was a trip to the Owens-Thomas House. It's part of the Telfair Museum group and had been included with our admission to the other two yesterday. Also, I couldn't recall having been there, so it would be new to me, too.
The weather was warm, so off we went, clothes still in the trunk!
What good timing we had, too. We arrived about thirty minutes before a tour of the grounds was to begin. Yeah!

Afterward, Paul and Cathy took a few moments to enjoy the lovely garden and fountain. Such peace and serenity! Such a lovely way to pass time before the movie...
What movie? The latest Bollywood film over at the Royal Cinema! I had been chatting up the film ever since their arrival, so of course they humored me and agreed to go!
And so we did, dining first at the coolest pizza joint in this area, the Mellow Mushroom in Pooler. You know, where it's cooler.
Local joke!
(smile)
So, we had slunch, with the five Ultraman statues, under the Spiderman on the ceiling, and admiring the artwork on the walls. I tend to avoid pizza places since I became lactose intolerant six years ago, but this place is just that cool that I work around that whole cheese issue.
Then it was time for "PK"!!! Woohoo!!! What a grand blend of Bollywood, science fiction, romance, and comedy!!!
Definitely stirred up a hunger for Indian food, too.
So, that was our next destination! Back to Savannah and Pakwan! We have several Indian restaurants in town, but I like this one best. Tonight, I didn't have my glasses, so reading the menu was out. No worries. I had the special, lamb chops. I am so glad I did! Absolutely fabulous!!!

Then, back to home, fetching the clean clothes into the house.
We were right on time for a bit of relaxing (and Paul's foot massage) before the two Sunday-evening episodes of "The Big Bang Theory".
Perfect timing!
How very nice -
we'd had perfect timing all day!

No comments: