Thursday, December 25, 2014

Paul and Cathy are here!


Here they are, sitting on the loveseat in my living room!
We were just chatting, after dining on a quickly thrown together dinner from my pantry. Pasta, jarred tomato sauce with garlic, canned diced tomatoes, and canned chicken. And we loved every bite of it! Heck, we ate every bite of it!
Their flight arrived on time, just as I was getting out of the cinema. (I saw "Into The Woods" and fully intend to see it again. Marvelous!) Perfect timing!
Their one checked bag? Well, the baggage compartment on the plane was not opening, so that added a slight delay. Still, thirty minutes later we were out of there and looking for food.
The Waffle House? Wall to wall people.
The sushi place? It had a line out the door.
That's when I piped up and said, "I can make sketti at my house?" Motion made and seconded!
And here we are, about to crash and burn for the night. I'd had a full day which included a couple of hours at Smitty and Mary's for Christmas ham and visiting with my niece Christy and her family. They'd had a full day of travel behind them.
And we would be off to the museums in the morning. Or maybe on Saturday.
Oh, yes! We would definitely be going to the Jepson! I wanted them to experience my Savannah. We would be hitting those places I regard as part and parcel of my life, so when next I speak of them, the San Franciscans will know exactly what I'm talking about.
I am so looking forward to sharing my world with them!

No comments: