Monday, December 22, 2014

seeing winter in clear water


Today, I felt like I was driving in the corn fields of Iowa again.

Crazy, right?
Especially as I was on a twelve-mile bridge in central Florida at the time.
But, maybe not so crazy after all.
You see, I was in search of the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
There were no signs, no billboards, nothing to indicate I was on the right path, nothing to indicate that the place I sought truly existed.
It was as if I were in search of another Field of Dreams.
Perhaps I was, but hadn't known of the name change...
An ocean of corn has waves, too, doesn't it? An ocean of water, an ocean of corn, neither with markers scattered about to give a sense of direction to one's quest...
Such a correlation helped me to formulate a goal.
I hesitate to call it a "bucket list". That seems a little morbid, something old folks do as their lives near an end as physical beings.
Sure, I am getting older, but I would like to think I have at least seven years left.
(smile)
But that term, of murky origin, holds no cachet for me.
I prefer "future adventure list!"
(Yes, the exclamation mark is necessary, not optional.)
So, today's trip to see movie star dolphins can be regarded as Entry Zero (or Pre-One, if you will) to my "future adventure list!" I've already thought of another item, too! I intend to visit North Carolina to visit the movie locales used for one of my favorite movies, "Bull Durham". I know, it's another baseball film starring Kevin Costner, but I think that it's just a coincidence that it popped into my brain.
Maybe.
(smile!)

I am feeling so very relaxed right now.
Honestly, ever since I saw Winter and Hope.
Hope was swimming in lazy laps in the large pool, circling and circling. Sometimes, she would break the surface, to allow for a photo op. Or she might push a float toy for a moment.
But every once in a while, she would breach the shallow wall into the small "room" where Winter was chilling out.
You know, to check in on her friend, see how her energy level was holding up.
Very touching.

Very reassuring to me, a different species of mammal, to see friendship demonstrated by these aquatic mammals.
The first thing I did, upon my return to the Mystic Dunes of Orlando was to contact my favorite magician, my bfe, just to touch base.
(smile)

1 comment:

The Universe said...

Next time we create a little blue and green planet spinning in space and fill it with angels in my likeness, Faustina, I say we tell 'em early on that the "game" is rigged, and they're going to win.

Because it is, and they are.

All in favor say, "I" -
The Universe