Monday, February 10, 2014

early hearts flying north



Hey, Tony!

You will never guess what I did last night! I was there and even I can hardly believe it! Really! Here's a hint: I was in a time machine that took me to fifty years ago!

Actually, yesterday's travel back in time began at noon. It was Free Museum Sunday and I joined a group of friends at the Savannah History Museum. There, I saw Johnny Mercer's Oscar (from 1962), Juliette Gordon Lowe's Girl Scout uniform, and a 1902 car! My No Kidding! group was joined by my longtime friend Hai - he really enjoyed meeting them, especially Christa, because she is a "Dr. Who" fan like he is. Yeah!

Afterward, we all had lunch together and then I went to join a new movie-going group, Cheap Thrills, so called because they go to matinee films. Somehow, I had the theater wrong, so I missed them. But, no harm! It was a beautiful sunshiny day and warm enough to have the car windows down - so I had a nice drive to Pooler and back. Yeah!

(inside the card) Happy Valentine's Day!

Okay, okay, what about last night? Right?? I traveled back in time to 1964, watching "The Ed Sullivan Show" episode with the first appearance of the Beatles!!! They sang six songs, 3 at the beginning of the hour-long program, then 3 more near the end! And it was shown on a movie screen! Hai had invited me to accompany him to this invite-only screening - lucky me! There were probably forty people there and we all felt like we were part of the audience at the tv show. The screening even included the old commercials for Pillsbury pancake mix and Lipton tea - What a hoot! Of course we had to go to Waffle House afterward, to step back into the present year.

What an awesome blessed day!

with my love!

No comments: