Thursday, August 4, 2016

bananas take 1st base!


Yep!
That's exactly what Coach Sean Wells did, after one too many bad calls by the base umpire.
Coach picked up the first base bag and hauled it over to the sidelines, as shown in this photo I took.

What an uproar!
But you know, the crowd agreed wholeheartedly with his actions! When they passed around a hat to "pay Coach Wells' fine", folks chipped in, filling the hat!

That was certainly not the only excitement tonight!
The only run on the scoreboard for five innings was due to the mighty bat of our right fielder, Clint Hardy. Here he is, almost home after a quick, nearly effortless victory trot around the bases.
Go, go, go, Number 25!

Go, go, go, Number 5, too!
Ryan Flores was the starting pitcher tonight, shutting out the Marlins for seven innings.
There was a shaky time in the 3rd inning - or was it the 4th?
He walked two men in a row.
His foot had slipped on the mound for the first of the two batters, and he had nearly fallen, shaking him up.
He settled right down after the coach paid a visit to the mound.
This photo was from last Wednesday, by the Bananas' photographer.
Yes, I should have taken one tonight, but I forgot.

How could I have forgotten to whip out my camera?
I blame this woman!
(smile!)
I sat with Lynn tonight, as Lauri had other goings-on for this first Thursday of the month.
Lynn and I had a great time, with me cheering and her ringing the cowbell!
Heck, the Beasley father and daughter even shouted encouragement to the players on several occasions!
As did Mister Willie, of course.
(smile)
What a marvelous night!

No comments: