Sunday, August 21, 2016

bloody mary brunch at dawn!


Mind you, this was just the first helping.
There was still French toast, sausage patties, and croissants with red raspberry jelly to come!
And no, it was most assuredly not at dawn... it was at the house of Dawn!
Hahaha haha!
My outlaw Bunny was even there!
Actually, there were a lot of folks there that I knew! Patty and Tracy and Brandi! Dawn's niece, Cara, and Dawn's sis-in-law, Becky! Karen and her mom, Angela!
Some others arrived later, but by that time, I was into my second Zing Zang Bloody Mary and food was being served, so... I'll have to try to catch their names some other time. Perhaps at the BYOP in October?
And in case you're wondering just what is that hot mess on my plate...?
Well, hold on and I'll tell ya!
It's mini chicken & waffles!
It's raspberries, blueberries, and green grapes!
It's sausage and bacon and deviled eggs!
It's potato & cheese pierogi and pasta with vodka sauce!
It's New Jersey bologna and eggs!
... What's that last bit? With the eggs?
It's Dawn's grandmother's way of doing it. You take two pieces of white bread and toast them. Then, you apply mayonnaise to the bread. Top one slice with eggs scrambled with thick bologna, place the other slice of bread on top, and dig in!
It really was quite tasty!

And guess what?
The fun continues for dinner tonight! Dawn sent me away packing... after having me package up goodies for future meals!
smile!
Thank you, Dawn!
You truly are the Hostess with the Mostest!
And thanks, Cara, for sharing Walter the puppy with me!

Oh!
Here's a joke I told during our post-meal babbling!

me: Knock knock!
Dawn: Who's there?
me: Ann
Dawn: Ann who?
me: Ann-chovy!
Waka waka!

No comments: