Tuesday, August 30, 2016

fabric and threads of conversation


Tonight, I returned from dinner and no movie with Kevin to find missed messages from my first niece.
(Yes, I am fully aware that today was Tuesday and I should have had a cheapie movie. Instead, he and I had a post-dinner study session and I showed him how to use the Periodic Table for valence electron and ionic charge information. Hey, at least he sprang for dinner!)
This is the conversation that followed with my first niece.

me: I hope your evening went better than your day. What did you end up doing tonight?

her: Watched a movie and rearranged my room a bit.
[I had helped her move her couch and loveseat a week ago, so she had a "new" living room.]

me: Nice! Last night, i watched How To Stuff A Wild Bikini. Such a funny musical from 1965! It was on THIStv.

her: Did that title come out right? If so, crazy title...

me: Yep! They had a whole string of bikini movies! LOL!

her: Interesting... what was it about?

me: It had a couple of plots interwoven.

Bah dump DUM! ching!
Honestly, I hope she will one day read back through that to pick up the threads...
(smile)

No comments: