Thursday, August 11, 2016

in the key of Wonder!


I was so "Overjoyed" to be at the Lucas tonight!
I had, "For Once In My Life", actually made a special request to usher for the event. As I was growing up, and throughout my life, I have been a fan of Stevie Wonder. Oh, "My Cherie Amour"! I had wanted to usher for the "Songs In The Key Of Wonder" cabaret ever since the schedule came out in December! In my plea, I noted that I had faithfully worked many other events this summer, but that I had not yet been able to work for any of the Thursday night cabarets due to my teaching schedule. "Please, please, please! Oh, how "I Wish" to be there, I "Do I Do"!"
And Haley had graciously inked me into the schedule!
"Isn't She Lovely"?
No "Superstition", y'all, she's a real "Master Blaster"!
How very cool to be downtown, on "Higher Ground"!
Am I still "Living In The City"?
Once upon a time, but now I live midtown.
(smile!)
As you can tell, I had a fabulous time! I had even worn my little black dress and dragonfly necklace for the occasion, knowing that I would be dancing for most of the show.
And I did!
Others danced, too!!!
Thanks, Cecelia Arango and Laiken Williams for giving voice to his songs!
Thanks, Haley, for granting my wish!
Thanks be to God for this birthday:58 gift!
Eighteen songs that made me feel 18 years old again!
"Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours"!

No comments: