Saturday, February 1, 2014

we are the champ-eee-ons!


Yep, you got that right -
that's me,
holding the first-place trophy!
For what, you say?
For scoring 550 points
in Justin's
"Forget I'm 40 Scavenger Hunt"
birthday party
last night!
My three team mates and I totally rocked it!!!
Mostly,
perhaps,
for garnering
the highest number of people
(I think the count was 70!)
on film
wishing our host
a "happy birthday!"
That's something he can treasure over and over.
And we had a blast asking strangers to do so,
from the cashier at the new CVS at Abercorn and DeRenne
to the River Street worker toting the trash bin,
from the ice-cream loving family
to the honeymooning older folks, all
- except one! -
gladly complied
with our request for a birthday greeting on video!
I will make sure I do the same in the future for any folks gathering such fun footage!
We also really rocked it on the other thirty-nine items on the Scavenger Hunt list. Well, not all of them, as we ran out of time on some while others we simply did not have a consensus to perform. (Cartwheels, anyone? No, I don't think so!)
I really didn't know the three women on my team. Two, Mel and Lynita, are fellow Odd Lotters, like Justin is, and the third, Jessica, is a big fan who is frequently at their shows on Monday nights. I've known Lynita a long time, and we are fb friends, but we aren't close. Justin put us all together, partly because none of us were coupled up and only one of us (Jessica) had a video maker.
So, after a scan of the list, off we went to pile into my car. But, wait! One of the items was someone had to "wear their clothes backwards all evening" - so I volunteered to do that and did so!
Before we drove off, though, Mel entered my car "through the front window" like the guys in Dukes of Hazzard! (I even got to keep a memento for that one! LOL!)
Then, off to the CVS for "Mentos and Coke" for the item at the top of the list! Mel also did the "nap in an unusual location" in their toy aisle and I was the one who "found" her there. What a fun way to start!
Then to bounce over to the midtown YMCA to "get in the shower together" - NOT! It was closed. Drats!
Over to downtown, with Lynita and Mel calling their "moms to say I love you" enroute! (Lynita called her mom twice, since my mother is dead. Nice touch!)
First stop: Forsyth Park! There, Lynita and Mel "ran toward each other in slow motion", "marched around the Pulaski monument", and off we went again! North of Gaston Street!
(If you're from these parts, that means "to the real downtown Savannah". Inside joke, y'all!)
After we parked around the corner from the Lucas Theatre, it all became a bit of a blur.
Off to place Mel with her "doppelganger", Lynita reciting a sushi "haiku" on Broughton, Lynita as Romeo to Mel's Juliet in "the balcony scene"!
Mel and I singing "A Very Merry UnBirthday" with an older couple, all of us in an "earthquake" with a bunch of young revelers!
Gathering "jokes from three people" (including a kid I shared my "Flatman and Ribbon" joke with), being part of "twenty feet walking in unison" with a group of travelers, and getting the "theme song from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire" sung by an artist on River Street!
Jessica danced and received 9.5 from "the judges on the street", Mel did a "pole dance" on a Handicapped marker, and one of us shook "the hand of a bearded man"!
Then Mel and I did our "kung-fu fighting" in a parking garage, Lynita and I were "on top of the world" on the toy tugboat, and both of them were against me as a homicidal vagrant, like "an episode of Cops"!
Lynita also sang "never gonna let you go" to a very nice fellow and Mel echoed in the "Magic X on River Street"!
Lynita was "Forrest Gump on a park bench" as I sat responding to her madness, then she and Mel did the kidfun "wheelbarrow"!
Mel also had a case of "celebrity mistaken identity" with a near-Sheldon Cooper!
Then they all 'washed" my car while "Workin' at the Car Wash" played in the background - sadly, I was working the camera and the scene was not recorded. Drats!
But we DID get all of us vamping to the "Mission Impossible" theme as our final item!
We looked for "a fence to all climb over", a "street vendor to sell something to", a person to "help get their groceries to their car", and another team to "secretly film" - but were unsuccessful.
I don't even recall the other (five? six? seven?) items on the list!
Then, off to Muse Arts to turn in our video by 11 PM!
Success! We were the first team there!
Then we were all treated to each other's works of art on the big screen! Nice! Four teams, four versions of the many skits, four times the fun we had already had!
And... when all was said and viewed, we WON!!!
What a night!
Thanks, Justin, for inviting me to your party!
And even, though I didn't get to keep the trophy, my car will be my reminder of that fun evening. How so? Part of the window vent guard was broken by Mel's re-enactment of the country boy "jump in the front window". But hey, that bit of plastic is almost thirteen years old - no problem! That will be my car's badge of honor!

No comments: