Saturday, August 27, 2016

free tuna!



Yes, I saw that play again!
This was the reprisal of "red, White, and Tuna" and I just had to be there for another heapin' helpin' of Texas mayhem!
No, I wasn't there just because it was free for me, as part of the Armstrong faculty, instead of the $12 fee. I'm sure that played a role (get it?) in my decision to attend, but I honestly love all of the jokes, from the imaginary bingo games to the Methodist minister's sex book for married couples! I think I would enjoy reading the script for it, as well as for the other two plays about life in Tuna.
But I am grateful that it was free.
Just as I am also grateful for the free Marco's Cheezy Bread that I finished off at breakfast this morning. (I had polished off most of it for dinner last night, before my free movie downtown.) That was the third such treat I have enjoyed, courtesy of my boys of summer, the Savannah Bananas. Thanks, y'all!
I had quite a few of those coupons and gave a lot of them away to family and friends. I hope they have enjoyed the free food as much as I have. I know the father and son I gave one to at the pizza parlor one night were thrilled with the $5.99 gift!
And did you know I traveled northward to the movie last night and southward to this play by use of free gasoline?
Well, I did!
My thanks to Publix for that! They periodically run a promotion in the local newspaper (get it?) for $10 off a $50 gas card. The "catch", if you can call it that, is you have to buy at least fifty bucks of groceries to cash in on the gas deal. Heck, that's not hard to do, is it? Plus, they have the lactose-free sliced cheese, tofu-based sour cream, and fat-free cheddar that are my favorites - and I had been out of all three for several weeks.
i thank You, God, for this bounty!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Every time I see Jojo, I think of him in this play!
Nice!