Saturday, August 13, 2016

not just a summer thing


Since the end of July, my Tuesday evenings have been spoken for.
It all began on a Sunday evening, with "Ghostbusters".
The new version, not the old one.
He most desperately wanted to see it, so I had relented.
Even though it was at night, when prices were higher.
That was okay for me - I was able to claim "senior" status.
(smile)
I hadn't wanted to see it, but I had been mistaken. It was actually quite a hoot, liberally sprinkled with cameos from most of the major players in the 1984 original! That first one had been rated "PG", but the 2016 version was "PG-13" ... not the "R" of most of McCarthy's movies. Removing her crutch of profanity forced her to actually act - good!
Afterward, I made sure he knew about cheapie night at the Victory.
Sure, let's try that, he said.
Tuesday found us venturing out of this world! "Star Trek Beyond" was the movie for us!
I hadn't had the heart to tell him I'd already seen it. No real need to do that! I had enjoyed it before and knew I would enjoy it again in his company. And I did!
The following week's Tuesday was a tripleheader for me, with movies in the morning, afternoon, and evening, all at different cinemas in different parts of town. Woot woot! That was probably my last chance for that coup, as the SKFF had run its course.
The grand finale was "Jason Bourne", at the Victory, with Kevin.
Of course!
We "shared" my Coca-cola ICEE, as well as my popcorn.
Ni-i-i-ice.
Last Tuesday, we changed things up a little.
We dined together at Buffalo Wild Wings, using two of the coupons from the Bananas' games. $5 off for each person - oh, yeah!
Then off to a movie I so-o-o-o wanted to see: "Suicide Squad"!!! How could I possibly resist cheering on someone who wears ponytails like I do? I could not... and would not even want to - not cheer for Harley Quinn!
Plus, her name reminds me of Dragon*Con 2008.
Ah, good times, good times...
(Remember those SNL skits with Phil Hartmann?)
(smile)
I'm looking forward to more good times on Tuesdays.
Kevin had texted me: "are Tuesdays with Tina a thing during the school year or just summer time?"
My enthusiastic response?
"I consider Tuesdays with Kevin to be a year-round treat!"
(smile)
I wonder which movie we'll see this next week?
True, I have "Alice Ryley" at 5:30pm, but it's only a one-act opera.
No need to disrupt my special time with him!
(smile)

No comments: