Wednesday, April 2, 2014

surprise for an artist


"GOOD GOD!!!!!!

Season Tickets!!!

I had no idea!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Thank
you
times
a
thousand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"

I had surprised him at work today.
I had contacted him yesterday.
'Are you ready for some baseball? What T-shirt size would you like?'
His response had been: "Yeah!!! Living large!!!"

Alrighty then. He doesn't have tickets yet.
Good!
I went to the ballpark and bought Season Tickets for each of us.
General Admission, of course. They're half the price of the Box seats.
This morning, I picked them up, making sure his nondescript brown paper bag had the large T-shirt.
Then, on my way to the school for Office Hours, I dropped by.
He was able to step out briefly and meet me, not looking in the bag, but giving me a hug of thanks before we both went our way.
About twenty minutes later, I received the above text.
Mission accomplished!
I had succeeded in at least partially repaying him for his generosity on my birthday last year.
In spirit, certainly.
"Ocean, Tumultuous" has certainly given me great pleasure, daily.
I wanted a gift that would provide that pleasure to him.
I knew he very much enjoyed the baseball games. In fact, he had purposely bought a house on the very same street where Shoeless Joe Jackson had once lived, when he played at the historic Grayson Stadium. He came to the games when he could, but he had never treated himself to Season Tickets.
I don't think he really understood how beneficial they could be for him.
You see, the tickets for any games you cannot make can be used by someone else for another game. Sure, they would only be good for a General Admission ticket, but that's still $8 saved. So, he will be able to bring a group of folks with him to any games he can attend.
A free ticket makes it very easy to get folks to come with you!
Also, he now has a Season Ticket Holder T-shirt, included with the package deal, an exclusive benefit.
Also, he has a "magic green cup", good for $1 sodas at all games. Yes, he may prefer a tall, cool one with a head of froth, but perhaps one of his guests might use the cup? Who knows?
Also, he has guaranteed access to all give-away items, whether he makes it to the game or not. THAT is a very beneficial perk to have!
Also, he has a parking pass for the preferred parking lot.
Yeah, I doubt he will ever use that, as he lives a block from the park. Still, again, he could lend it to his guests for them to use, right?
Also, at least one Sunday each month is a "Bark In The Park", so he can bring Tucker - and his playmates - to the game, too.

God bless you, Bill. You are so very generous to me and all who know you.



No comments: