Sunday, April 6, 2014

ah got ya



So, there I was, at an Asian restaurant, with an Asian man, eating my seared sesame ahi tuna with chopsticks.
Him?
He had beef stir-fried with eggplant - and used a fork.

(smile!)

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was pretty funny!
It was definitely fun!
The whole evening had been fun, actually. We had first gone to see the latest Wes Anderson film, "The Grand Budapest Hotel". I had asked earlier in the afternoon if he wanted to go to a movie, he had asked which one, and I had given him a list of films I wanted to see. He chose this one and I didn't tell him I had seen it on Friday. After all, I had placed it on ths list for two reasons: 1) I thought he would really enjoy it, and 2) I had really enjoyed it.
And he really enjoyed it! Hai is a huge fan of that writer and director, apparently, as are nearly all who know him. The film is full of cameos by actors who leapt at the chance to work with him, whether for the first time or not. Go ahead, click the film link and scroll through the cast list, I'll wait.
.
.
.
Pretty cool, right! This time, I saw the end of the credits, which made this even more of a new experience for me. Definitely worth it!
I so enjoy seeing movies with Hai. Trained in theatre and cinema, he has an eye for details - and a knowledge of backstory - that I do not. I always learn something new!
And, as I've mentioned at least a time or two or three, he gives great hugs.
He's pretty good with zombie-killing, too.
(smile!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Universe via tut.ccsend.com

Apr 7

to me

You do realize, Faustina, that your friends are just me in disguise?

Pulling out all the stops to reach you, love you, and see you.

Tallyho,
The Universe