Tuesday, May 27, 2014

must...have...birthday...coffee



Shout out to Dave & Buster's for my free birthday gift!!!

Yeah, you heard me - this mug was free.

Here's how that worked.
You see, I belong to their Rewards Club.
Fairly frequently, they send me coupons to BOGO points. Generally, it's Buy $20 of points, Get $20 of points FREE.
For my birthday, the amount to buy was just a sawbuck.
(Seriously, those with an interest in either construction or Roman history, click that link. It's an interesting piece of etymology.)
Ten dollars is good for about fifty points.
I used about fifty points to "win" more than 1000 tickets.

I like to play this game -
perhaps it's called Pirate Booty?
Treasure Chest?
Pirate's Treasure Wheel?
Whatever its name, it tends to shower me with tickets.
Seriously.
On two separate occasions,
two months apart,
I won one thousand tickets with a single spin.
Pretty amazing, right?
Here is the photo of me in January, making my first win on it.

On both occasions, I gave the tickets to my friend Hai. He was trying to get enough to trade in for this giant ape.
This time, I was keeping the tickets for myself. Rather, I was amassing tickets so D&B could allow me to choose my physical gift from them.
I had wandered around in the ticket-redemption center, picking up this, looking at that, then I spotted the Zombie Mug.
How perfect is that for a "House of the Dead" zombie-killer and coffee drinker like myself!!!
And it only cost 1050 tickets.
Woohoo!!!

Many thanks, y'all!
It's even the right size!!!
(smile!)

No comments: