Friday, May 16, 2014

psych! it's a superhero!



Still high from the Gnats' win in their first game, I came home to this!
Wow! They're a graphic novel, not a television show!
No, really!
And it's apparently the second issue of "The Amazing Psych-Man and Tap Man". I cannot imagine how I missed the first issue? I didn't see it in the stores...
Psych!!!
I still don't know if they were actually in print, but this episode was sah-weet! I love this show about friendship, especially as it also involves fighting crime and solving mysteries, but I especially like it when they take a novel approach.
Get it? "Novel"?
HAhaHA!!!
Like I said, I'm still pretty up from seeing my boys of summer earlier.
(smile!)
This Friday evening, they had a double-header. The Sand Gnats took that first game and slam-dunked the Drive into oblivion!!! Five runs in a single inning!!! Woohoo!!!
That means my ticket is good for a special pizza deal at Papa Murphy's, thanks to that national chain's sponsorship of the Gnats. How special a deal, you ask? Well, you get the large pie dough for free, essentially, and five toppings costs only $5. That's a savings of $8 per pizza!!!
Coincidentally, $8 is the cost of a 'General Admission' ticket to the game.
I don't know if that's on purpose or strictly a coincidence that the ticket price is the same as the savings.
I know there are other deals, printed randomly on the back of the tickets, that you can get from the sponsors.
For instance, Coach's Corner offers a BOGO on their '10 Chicken Wings' order. That is actually worth about $8, looking at the difference in price between the 10-piece and 20-piece wings. That's pretty generous for a local sponsor.
Papa Murphy's usual is three bucks off the price of a family pizza. There's also a smart-phone "scan here" deal, but I can't read squiggles.
Sticky Fingers, another national chain, has the best offer, though. Their ticket deal, a BOGO for a free entree, nets you a savings of more than sixteen dollars. Heck, that's double what you pay for the ticket alone!!!

What about the second game tonight? Did the Gnats win?
Well, no they lost.
I guess they noticed when I left and they just lost their spirit.
That would have been around the third inning. The temperature started dropping and I got chilled in my shorts, light shirt, and sandals.
Brrr!
Seriously. The weather this year has been wackadoodle. Here it is the middle of May and it's too cool at night to be out in shorts.
Or maybe I was supposed to go home so I could catch this particular episode of "Psych"?
Yeah, I'll go with that!

No comments: