Friday, May 23, 2014

been schooled!


Today, my nephew Tyler, my biggest little brother's younger son, has graduated from high school!!!
From the very same high school his dad and I graduated from, back in the 1970's.
Herschel Victor Jenkins High School.
The ceremony was even held at the Savannah Civic Center, as it had been for us, so many years ago.
Traditions can be good, allowing a figurative torch to be passed from one generation to the next.


His Dad,
my brother,
looks on with pride as the graduating seniors start the precessional.


There he is!

See the tall blond beside the short girl?
They've just passed between the two palm trees.

See him?!


Now he's striding across the stage,
right arm extended to grasp a congratulatory hand and his diploma!


He's back at his seat now and they're preparing to sit down!


Congratulations!
You are all now officially done with school!!!
(Well, not really, as most will continue on to college,
including my nephew.)


There he goes, through the ranks of teachers, heading toward the two palm trees and his future!
Yeah!!!!
I am so proud of you, Tyler!

No comments: