Saturday, May 24, 2014

psych! it's a musical!



I am exactly where I need to be.
That's the message I received from the universe and beyond.
How do I know?
I'm watching a two-hour special episode of Psych ... and it's a musical!!!
Right?!?!
One of my favorite tv shows, having a Friday night blitz, and the episodes that are airing, after I have settled in from my drive down from Savannah, are a musical, replete with dancing, both regular and tap.
Wow!
Of course I stayed up and watched the entire thing! When else will I ever see it???
And I realized that all had worked out as it should.

I had been a bit bummed out for the past few days.
You see, on Tuesday afternoon - just three days ago - I had been playing around on the Diamond Resorts website, to see about reserving a place in Virginia for the end of July or beginning of August. Then, just for smiles & giggles, I had looked to see what might be available for Daytona Beach for the next few weeks.
And there it was: a two-bedroom at my home away from home, for the entire Memorial Day weekend, from Friday the 23rd until the morning of Tuesday the 27th.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME????
Someone must have given it up at the last minute.
I immediately jumped on it and got it!!!
Woohoo!!!
I had not expected to go out of town this weekend, so this was a straight out blessing and incredible coincidence!!!
Okay, let's see about sharing this with someone else!!!

Yeah.
That didn't happen.

First up was my niece Christy and her family. She kept expressing a desire to return to Daytona, so I gave her the first shot at it.
No.
She had to work on Friday and Tuesday and wouldn't be able to come.
I assured her that she didn't have to go for the whole time, just whatever days she and her husband and my greatniece could be there.
Thanks, but no, she said.

O-kay.

Maybe my BFF and her darling daughter would join me!
No, they had plans already for Saturday, so they would only be able to come for Sunday and Monday.
Great! Come on down!
No. But thank you, she said.

Let's try this!
Surely my stepmom would welcome a break at the beach? My stepbrother would be off for the holiday weekend and could tend to his two sons and give his mom a much-needed respite, right?
Apparently not.
She felt she could not leave him, as his dental surgery was still bothering him.
But she loved me for asking.

Fine.

Let's see if some of my broke NK! girls wanted a free place in Daytona Beach for a holiday weekend!!!
Only the beachwalker even replied.
She had to work on Saturday and Tuesday, so, as much as she loved the beach, she had to decline.

Decline?
You're kidding me, right???

By now, it was Thursday.
So I contacted my first niece, the foster mom.
It was hers if she wanted it! I had tried to share the largesse with others, but they had all declined.
She had just been there with me in February, but if she wanted to go now...
And she did so very much... but she had to clear it for the foster child to go, too... and DFACS simply does not work that quickly.
It's debatable whether Tuesday afternoon would have allowed enough time.
It's for sure that the Thursday before a holiday weekend did not.
So, even though she wanted to run away and join me, she could not.
Drats, I told her.
But you better believe that you have first dibs the next time, I said.
Te amo, she said.

Now, here I am, watching one of my favorite television shows about friendship, watching the musical crafted for two episodes of that tv show, and not having to be concerned about keeping anyone else awake as I danced and sang along with the choruses of the fourteen songs, reveling in the sight of Barry Bostwick and Ally Sheedy sharing in the shenanigans - oh, what a glorious time I am having!

Exactly where I was meant to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debo admitir que hasta hoy no me motiva mucho blog, sin embargo ahora estoy entrado regularmente y esta mejorando. Bien hecho! Vía evaristo