Tuesday, May 6, 2014

let the sun shine in! the SUN shine IN!



Let the sun shine! Let the sun shine in! The SUN shine IN!!!
At last! The sunroom is open again!
I kept waiting for the temperatures outside to stabilize, to cease dropping into "too low" and not rising into "high enough".
It has taken this long. I don't recall spring being so tardy, but maybe it has been and I had not been paying close enough attention.
That is probably the case.
So, I know you're wondering: did it make a difference in the heating bill? (Remember, I had closed off the guest room as well).
You know what? It did.
Given the ugly, brutal, extended cold weather, my highest gas bill was still just under $171. That was for the heat used in February, which is typically the coldest month at this latitude. In the past, I've had bills well over $200 for that same month.
So, I guess I will save my sheet and tack pins for when the cold returns.
Meanwhile, I am going to enjoy having my cheery sunroom back in my view and ready for use!
And, yes, it's good to be able to have the guest room available, too.

No comments: