Sunday, March 31, 2013

hippety hoppety!


Easter began early for me this year. As in, late last night, in the wee small hours, just past midnight. The peace guy had said earlier that he had gotten something for me for Easter, then added it was something for both of us - and I was totally, but pleasantly, surprised that he had done such a thing. Something for me for Easter?? Really???
As I've mentioned here, this particular holiday is not especially a favorite of mine. The death of my mother is heavier than usual on me when the Peeps are in bloom.
So, last night, after our return from a late movie, we're just sitting around the table, enjoying a little bowl of the lentil soup he'd made earlier. Yummy soup, too, with a bit of sausage and lots of carrots for splashes of color! He glances at his wristwatch (yes, Virginia, folks still wear those!) and says, "it's close enough to Easter." Then he rustles around in the 'fridge, checking to make sure the surprise had not broken, and... ta da! A golden bunny!
A golden-coated, dark chocolate, HOLLOW bunny!
Wow! I haven't had a hollow chocolate bunny in DECADES!
I don't believe I've EVER had a hollow DARK chocolate bunny!
Super deluxe COOL!
(big grin!)

No comments: