Thursday, April 17, 2014

good to the very last drop


Better than a week ago,
the ever-huggable Hai
had asked if I were going to be home on Friday afternoon.

He wouldn't give a reason.

He was being quite mysterious.

Then he arrived with this beauty!

Earlier this week, that "new to me" television set lost its voice.

The picture was still fine, but no sounds emanated from its depths.

Not quite a week had passed.


Drats.

This morning, before I went to my Weight Watchers meeting, I took it out of the house - oof! so heavy! - and set it by the curb.
Today is the day the city trash service picks up household goods.
When I returned home around noon, it was already gone.
The city truck doesn't make its collections until mid-afternoon.
I guess someone out there must have a need for huge, broken, VCR tube-driven, heavy doorstops.

I haven't had the heart to tell Hai that I no longer have the tv.
He had been so pleased with being able to surprise me with it.
I'm sure it was an attempt to thank me for his birthday gift.
Actually, he could just take me out to 17Hundred90 again.
What a lovely evening that had been! Fresh from my first successful week at Weight Watchers, he and I had gone to that fancy restaurant for a
"steak dinner", as he had deemed me worthy of such.
His girlfriend, he had said, was not yet worthy.
Score! Major points for me!
(big smile!)

No comments: