Sunday, December 18, 2016

christmas brunch with the bfe!


I wish I had thought to take a photo of the three of us. I'm sure the waitress at The Original Pancake House would have gladly obliged!
Perhaps it's just as well.
I had worn my "medieval roses" dress, but the physicist and his lady love were clad only in sweats.
They had already been busy this morning moving boxes of his stuff to the storage center.
The brunch was a welcome break for both of them and a last time for their ritual on this weekend, his final one in Savannah until the summer.
We postponed the giving of gifts until after they had dropped me back off at my house.

I gave him the slate blue long-sleeved shirt, as well as a collection of teas.
"To keep him warm with loving thoughts", I had written in the Christmas card.
I truly hope so!

And just look at all I received!
Tissues for my nose!
Tissues for my derriere!
Tissues for my kitchen!
And all very nice ones, too, not just the store brand!
Puffs and Kleenex!

But best of all...
and the one he led with...
is that glorious calendar with 16-months of Elvis to entertain me!
I may have actually squealed like a schoolgirl!
Glorious!
Absolutely glorious!!!

I am so going to miss that physicist...
I'll be sure to think of my bfe every time I wipe my nose...
or anything else...
and when I wear my turquoise shirt that matches his slate one.
(smile)

No comments: