Wednesday, December 14, 2016

'tis the season of parties!



Woohoo!
The first party was an "Ugly Sweater Housewarming" hosted by Christa the squirrel mistress! That was a couple of weeks ago, on December 3rd. We tres amigas had ventured forth together to her new house in Pooler (where "it's cooler")! As a joke, I brought her a collection of clothes hangers of various colors, as a reminder of her "closing house" party a few months ago. Hahaha!

The next holiday gathering was last Sunday, the "Christmas Party" at Asbury Memorial United Methodist Church! My first niece accompanied me, with both of us getting dolled up - hooray! We sat with the delightful Barbara Beam and her husband (who would later become Santa!) and their grandchildren. So much scrumptious food!!! And the ham... oh, my, the ham was so very tasty!
Thanks, Christina, for going with me!
Thank you for the ride, too, and for helping fasten my seatbelt... and for responding to my plea of "please release me, let me go.."
(smile)

Yesterday was the third party of the season for me. The end of the fall semester signaled the arrival of the annual "Ugly Sweater Holiday Party and Pirate Gift Swap" for the CST group. Hey, that's me! Hooray! I do so enjoy that gift swap! I sat with a young biologist, Brigitte, who ended up "stealing" the dragon egg toothbrush holder and coffee mug that I had "stolen" from Delana - ohwhatfun! I ended up doing quite well at the party, walking away with an "Ugly Sweater Cookie Kit"...


... and the Wonder Woman mug I had so wanted, too!


Thanks, Brigitte!

Thanks to the physicist, too!
Because of my hand surgery, I was not yet allowed to drive. I had wanted to attend the school Christmas party, so the bfe had graciously responded to my "J-Dawgg" signal of distress. Hooray! Then, he had patiently waited for me in my office... what a welcome sight!
I am truly going to miss his smiling face when he goes off to New York for sabbatical next semester.

Meanwhile, I have more parties later this week to an-ti-ci----pate!
Hahahaha!

i thank You, God!

No comments: