Tuesday, December 6, 2016

golytely into that good night


Oh, joy.
I have been drinking this colonoscopy prep solution since this afternoon.
Actually, "drinking" is not quite the right word.
That implies sipping and enjoying a beverage.
I've been almost inhaling it through a straw positioned near the back of my mouth, to minimize any actual tasting of the concoction.
Ugh.
I am grateful to only have to go through this once every eight years.
My father, you may recall, died of duodenal cancer in 2009. He had not even known he had the disease until November of 2008. By that time, it was Stage 4.
My mother's family also has intestinal cancers as a legacy. My grandmother's youngest brother, my Great-Uncle Sam, died of it when I was a teen. My grandfather was killed by pancreatic cancer.
So, an evening's discomfort is a small price to pay...
but did it have to be on a Tuesday?
Sigh.
At least I have George Takei's musical, "Allegiance", to look forward to next week...
on my next Tuesday with Kevin and company.
Wonder who else may join us that day?
(smile)

No comments: