Wednesday, December 21, 2016

christmas peacocks in the house!



Andrew and Shavon were here!!!
Andrew had phoned a few weeks ago. They would be passing through on the 20th and 21st, he said in his fine British voice, on the way to have Christmas with her parents in Florida. Would either of those dates work for me to share dinner with them?
YES!!! My enthusiastic response surely rattled the ether that morning!
And now, today was the day!
It had been five years since I last saw them.
That means it had also been five years since I've been to Virginia.
Oh, wait... I take that back... I had been through Virginia in 2013, using the Historic Powhatan as a hotel to break up my trip to, and from, Mel's in Pennsylvania. I had even stopped for a brief visit with the Davidsons on that trip.
Back to those lovely Peacocks!
This was their first trip to Savannah.
Their first one ever!
And they were in town primarily to see me!!!
How very nice!
We visited for about an hour, with me granting them the full nickel tour.
The full nickel tour, mind you!
That includes names of paint colors, you know.
(smile)
The jasmine time in the kitchen...
lifevest orange accent wall in the maize gold living room, with its surfboard yellow windows, doors, and baseboards...
guest bedroom in Valencia violet...
my haven of aged mint with gleaming white trim and crown moulding...
the sunwashed blue for the Ocean Room, with its kickstarter wall...
Ah...
Oh, yes! The Peacocks were here!!!
(Did you notice the "u" in "moulding"? That's a nod to Andrew being British! Oh, yes!)
I showed them my invention, too, and we had a quite nice discussion about it.
Remember, Andrew is the post-doc I had worked with in Mandelkern's lab, and his lovely wife of all these years is in education, so they totally "got it" with my project. I even found out that Andrew has several inventions of his own that he has had patented! Not that he is making any money on those; the polymer companies he worked for actually own those rights. That won't be the case for me. I didn't even get reimbursed for the money (or hours of time) I spent in the development of my invention. Hooray for being an adjunct professor!
(smile)
Then it was time for dinner!
We went to Sweet Potatoes, of course.

Every time I have folks visiting, that is my "go to" place.
Just ask Cathy and Paul!
I ordered the veggie plate, with four sides. They both had the catfish! I took most of mine home, to savor tomorrow (as today I've been ill from bad food in my fridge).
Then, back to my house to chat for a while longer.
Wonderful!
Such a marvelous holiday visit!
I do hope their trip to her folks in Florida will be full of happy times!

i thank You, God, for this blessed day!

No comments: