Sunday, December 4, 2016

prayers for serenity, please


Dear Tony,
Hey! Yes, Ronnie is looking old, but his spirits are good and so is his attitude. Living in the woods all this time has certainly been hard on his skin, but he does manage to stay fairly clean. He also stays fed and seems to be able to find free coffee - and sometimes free donuts or breakfast sandwiches - from variety of places, I thank God that so many are helping him out. He even got a bag and a backpack full of canned goods at Thanksgiving from a woman who was moving. Wow!
My surgery is just four days away, on Thursday. I've also scheduled a colonoscopy for Wednesday, since I'll be riding the shuttle up and will already be there with nothing to do. Otherwise, they were going to have me ride up on the 15th, have the colonoscopy on the 16th, then ride the shuttle back. No thanks! Having to make a two-day trip up there ONCE is quite enough for me. Fortunately, they had an opening (no pun intended) on the 7th at 1 PM, so that worked in my favor. Well, if that can be said for having that particular procedure. (smile)
Christina has said she will pick me up at the hospital on Thursday afternoon so I don't have to ride the shuttle home. She even arranged her work schedule so she could do that for me! Isn't she so sweet? I'm looking forward to spending that time with her and hope I won't be too drugged to appreciate it.
I give Final Exams at Armstrong and Sav Tech on the 5th and 6th, prep fpr the colonoscopy on the 6th, board the shuttle at 0645 on the 7th, have that procedure, stay overnight at the Hoptel, then get my left hand fixed on the 8th. So, I'm trying very hard to stay cool and focused on the moment so I don't get too anxious about getting all done that needs to be done. I would appreciate a few extra prayers for serenity ... thanks.
I decided to go ahead and send some money and am glad it got to you. Please recall that I won't get paid in January and February, until the end of February, so plan accordingly, okay? Okay.
Time for me to wind down for bed. I need to wash clothes one last time before I go to school in the morning. Since I don't know how long it will be before my hand is working, I'm having to consider worst case scenario. Ugh.
much love, Dood!

1 comment:

your little brother Tony said...

Hi Tina
l am quite sure that all is going to be just fine with you :-) A powerful group of three have have been regularly praying for thee, and this you shall soon see.
I can't imagine all that must be going through your mind now with such a very busy schedule,a procedure, and a surgery on your hand coming soon. Just try to remember Whose hand your in, stay calm, think positive and rest assured that all is going to be very very good. I am sure of it!
All is good here,I'm fine as well. Not much to write about. Did I tell you that there's finally another man at the back gate? He is called Red, he's 31, and has already worked maintenance on the compound before going to the back gate.
Unfortunately for me, as good a fit as he is, work wise, I already know that it will not be long before he's into those things that aren't good. Such being the case I'm mentally preparing myself to finish my time at Hays, not at the back gate.
I too know Whose I am and that I'm firmly in His hands. l''ll do my little part and I can rest assured that He will do all the rest. HALLELUJAH!!!
What an awesome God He really is!
May His mighty hand be around you comforting you through this.
love ya Tina