Monday, December 19, 2016

you make me feel like dancing!


Honestly, that 1976 Leo Sayer song was the first thing that popped into my head after speaking with the doc today!
So cheerful! So perky!
So, why that song?
Because I was so happy!


After removing the gauze, Dr. Brian Hill commended me on doing such a fine job at protecting my hand. The wound looked just like it should, as any self-respecting wound that is healing would!
Hooray!
He told me that I would be able to get it wet, too.
Hooray!
I am taking a shower tonight!!! (I have not had one of those since Wednesday, December 7th, at the hotel, the eve before the surgery. Aaaaccckkkk!)
He told me I should be able to go back to my regularly scheduled life.
Hooray!
My bra will be coming OFF tonight!!! (I have been trapped into wearing it continuously since Thursday, December 8th, when the nurse fastened it for me, post-surgery. Aaaaccckkkk!)
Merry Christmas to me!!!

I am now safely home, after riding the VA shuttle all day.
i thank You, God, for the good care I have received.

No comments: