Wednesday, December 28, 2016

jim, these are not robot questions


So, why were the above words uttered?
Was Doctor McCoy speaking with Captain James T. Kirk about glitches in the computer's diagnostic array?
After all, this year marked the fiftieth anniversary of "Star Trek" boldly going into this universe.
It's possible that Bones might have spoken the words during an episode of the television show, or in one of the subsequent movies... possible, but not very probable.
So, no, that's not what I'm quoting, though science fiction is the genre.

Well, maybe it was a discussion between the writers of a newer fan favorite, "Guardians of the Galaxy"?
Perhaps, right?
Well, that's a real reach, but... surprisingly... much warmer.
Chris Pratt is involved.

In fact, he's the "Jim" being addressed.
He had just posed some questions concerning the concepts of guilt and conscience to the bartender, Arthur, hoping for the answers that would rationalize his choice.
However, his queries had been quashed by the android's quick response.
That's pure logic meeting the gray matter of humanity.
It's also one of the many reasons I so enjoy "Passengers".
There are some tough questions posed in this futuristic romance, questions which should be explored by more people. My stepmom and I had a very good discussion in the cinema, during the closing credits, and then outside by the water fountain, while munching the popcorn purchased post-movie this time.
Quite enjoyable for both of us!


This was my second viewing, having first seen it on Saturday afternoon.
And you know what?
I was at least as involved as I had been the first time.
I even cried in the same places.
I hope I will get to see it with JavaFlix in the near future.
That would be awesome, almost as much as today's luncheon and movie in Bluffton was!
(smile)

No comments: