Wednesday, December 14, 2016

sweater decorating with sketti


Maybe I should have added a strategic comma, n'est-ce pas?
After all, it sounds like this rainy evening may have been spent placing spaghetti pasta on garments.
That would be pretty funny!
Messy, too.
But that was not what was going on at all.
My first niece had picked me up on her way home and taken me to retrieve my car.
Hooray!
I had not fully appreciated how tricky driving would be with only one good hand and partial use of the left. Amazing how much work the wrist has to do when driving!
Aack!
I followed her to her house for dinner.
We had sketti with meat sauce made using real hamburger meat. (I usually use canned chicken.) Very good!
We would have had garlic toast but we burnt it slap up and filled the house with smoke.
Aack!
But the bread pudding that had distracted us came out okay... especially with ice cream on it!
Then she set about working on an outfit for the office Christmas party.

First, she carefully took apart the first-place winner she had created for last year's party.

Then, she laid out the tree design and sewed it in place.
I'm glad she used my zigzag design instead of a simple triangle!

Next, she added the finishing touches, re-using some of the old decor (like that fine red mesh) as well as lovely new red flowers.

And then it was done!
The whole process took about two hours,
which allowed us to "watch" two shows ("Empire" and "Star") that we knew
nothing about.
Honestly, we kept them on for the
musical numbers...
And here she is, modeling the sweater!
Tres bien, mon cheri!
That should win first place again!

No comments: