Wednesday, April 27, 2016

dairy queen and phone time again!


Heeeeeeeerrrrrrreeee's Ronnie!
Yesterday, he'd shown up at my door, moments before I had to leave for school.
We arranged to meet at 10:30 AM this morning and I went on about my business.

Today, when I showed up at Home Depot, he was there waiting.
Sober, clean, ready to rock and roll!
Very nice.
We walked over to Target, I had him select the phone he wanted - a flip model, not a flat featureless phone - and I bought it, as well as the minutes for the next ninety days.
Then, we sat at the coffee area and waited for it to become active.
After that, I programmed in phone numbers for him: mine, Smitty's, his daughter's, his son's, his friends Sue and Donna and Ramona.
Done, once more.

We sat and had lunch at Dairy Queen, my treat.
I also gave him a $20 gift card for the DQ.
Then, I gave him a hug and went back to my regularly scheduled life, which consists primarily of building and grading tests right now.

He was clean and sober for the sixty days he was in jail.
Near as I can tell, he's been out about a week and still seems to be staying clean and sober.
I sure hope he will stay that way.
I could certainly use his help with my yard.
I would sure like to be able to enjoy his real self a bit longer.

In case you would like to talk with him, his new number is 912-247-5962.
I'm hoping he'll have it for the three months I've bought for him.

No comments: