Thursday, April 7, 2016

kind words from an angel


So, there we were, at a slow point in the Chem1211 lab.
Yes, you guessed it: we were waiting for water to do something.
In this case, we were waiting for it to evaporate.
I was doing my usual thing, circling through the lab stations, giving encouragement, checking on progress.
One of my male students posed a question for me.
Then, he paid me one of the best compliments ever.
He told me he had learned more in my twenty to thirty minute lecture on intermolecular forces than he had in the two lectures of his AP Chemistry teacher in high school.
Wow...
Believe me, I took that as the high praise he had intended it to be.
This is the one student in the class who consistently scores in the upper 90's on all assignments. This is the one student who has aced not one, but two of my lecture tests.
Thanks, Angel, for the kind words.

No comments: