Sunday, April 10, 2016

superheroes and bollywood


Superheroes! Bollywood!
Well, sort of.
What I had thought was to be a Bollywood film actually only had a few dance segments. I think that final tally was three, but then again, it might have been four.

It was a spectacular event, though. "Sardar Gabbar Singh" was a Western-kung-fu-romance about an orphaned boy who becomes a kick-ass law man.

Barbara and I decided to not take it seriously and simply settled back to enjoy the ride. I think Jim Reed would have enjoyed this, perhaps one night for a Psychotronic Film screening!
Afterward, we sped back to Savannah from Pooler. Time was of the essence! Her school's middle grades were presenting a play and I had been invited, too... and I had accepted!

As she had suspected,
the title hooked me.
"Supercomics" was a hoot and half!
The laughter has been hijacked in Comedyville, turning it into Seriousburg at the worst possible time. A television agent was in town to scout for talent for her show...and she was finding absolutely none.
Oh, no!
Would a cure be found in time??? Would the pratfalls again bring laughs and not injuries?
The answer to both questions was a resounding YES!

I laughed and laughed! I loved the vaudevillian skits and corny old jokes! I loved the costumes on these pint-sized actors and actresses!
And my absolutely favorites were a brother and sister who played beautifully off each other! He was the nefarious Vladimir von Vladerick of Vladysburg (Vlad The Exhaler) and she was Gobsmacker Solemn. Well, that's what her name was supposed to be! But Vlad never once used it, instead calling her things like Jawbreaker Candy and Lipsmacking Clown - what a hoot!
Thanks for the invite, Barbara!
Guess what? Some proud mom has posted the play for all to enjoy! Sure, it's a few years ago, so it wasn't these kids... but the jokes are still there, at least in the five segments she posted.
And this version even has an Elvis Tribute Artist!
I'm telling you, folks, this is the year for Elvis! Be sure to find something to do that's related to The King, okay?
(smile)

No comments: