Friday, April 22, 2016

SciEnCE and the running bear




I do believe I have "spoken" with the psychologist every day this past week, including once face to face.
Sure, I saw him on Monday night, over at Chili's.
Then we texted briefly on Tuesday.
But it began seeming like a steady thing when I sent the above photos to him on Wednesday night.

running bear: ???

me: What i drew in class tonight! [Taught inhibition of enzymes.] I think i did quite well!

running bear: I don't speak science. :(

me: Not yet, dear, but keep practicing. :-)

running bear: Did you just patronizingly pat me on the head like the Grinch did to Cindy Lou Who?

me: Me? Your fav aunt? :-)

running bear: Pat. Pat.

me: You know i love you. :-)
me: You up for Jungle Book tonight?


running bear: I'm settled in to watch this here Kirasawa movie. It's supposed to be pure genius.

(then he sent a huge photo my old phone couldn't process...)

me: Say what?

running bear: It was a photo of a sea critter called Aristotle's lantern. He's basically made of pure science. Ya know, scientifical stuff.

me: :-) Which movie are you watching?

running bear: Seven Samurai.

me: Fabulous movie! Enjoy!

***** ***** *****

Then, on Thursday, he initiated a conversation that shows he truly does listen. It was about movies, naturally!

running bear: I think I found our next movie!

me: Do tell.

running bear: Elvis and Nixon!!! It looks hysterical. And fits nicely into my daydream of Danny and I one day completing "Watergate: The Musical".

me: I did happen to espy that earlier today. Should be fun!

running bear: Indeed. The Elvis actor usually plays real creepy roles so it should be really colorful. Kevin Spacey is Nixon. :-)

me: Who is playing Elvis?

running bear: Michael Shannon. He was the lead in "bug". And the crooked prohibition agent in Boardwalk empire.

me: Not familiar with either of those roles, but i know who he is. Should be good!

running bear: I hope Kissinger makes an appearance. And Nixon's heart goes pitter pat. :)

me: As opposed to thump thump?

running bear: You could see the forbidden longing in his jowls. :)

***** ***** *****

Then, earlier today, I sent the ball flying to his side of the court, showing that I truly do listen to him.

me: Going to a movie while the snowflakes sleep?

running bear: Not today. I'm having science for lunch.

me: Crunch brunch!

running bear: Yep.

me: The moles are especially tasty... and loaded with nutrition!

me: But be mindful of those ionic compounds - some are very salty. :-)


running bear: Glare.

***** ***** *****

Well, that's been fun, but I need to get other things done before my first niece and I go to the merry ol' land of Oz tonight.
Later!

No comments: