Friday, January 23, 2015

the restaurant at the end of the universe


Here's to me!
The ex was toasting me with a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster in hand.
Sadly, it was just a beer, not the real thing.
This was last night, a day after his endoscopy.
That had been a rough day.
This morning, we caught up a bit with each others lives.
For almost two hours we talked.
Not texted.
We had been doing that for several days, trying to set up a time when we could actually sit down and talk.
A lot has been happening this year and we needed to hear each others voices.
When he had sent me the photo, I had texted back with the Douglas Adams' reference.
Then I had said "ten or two" for us to talk.
He had replied with the morning time.
This morning.
So, we talked.
Catching up on job issues.
Catching up on health issues.
Catching up.
Talking about his younger daughter's problems and his older daughter's pregnancy.
Talking about memories of his mom.
Talking.
I'm really glad he and I can have these good conversations.

No comments: