Friday, January 16, 2015

there's a new sheriff in town, see


This morning, I laid down the law to my middle brother. I had just picked him up at the EconoLodge, where I had graciously set him up for the past two cold evenings.
He seems to think I'm his personal bank.
I explained to him, in no uncertain terms, that the only way I was able to set him up was by increasing the amount of debt on that piece of plastic. The only reason I had chosen to do so was the extreme cold snap in the weather.
I explained to him, in no uncertain terms, that I would not be responding to any more drunk calls from him. I would also not be transporting his drunk self anywhere except to a rehab center.
I explained to him, in no uncertain terms, that there would be no more cash from me to him. If he had the cash to get beer, then he certainly did not need to ask for funds from me.
I told him about our nephew Damon's addiction to heroin, an addiction which had led to at least two overdoses last year.
I told him about our former sister-in-law getting busted for methamphetamine production and having the good fortune to have a son and stepbrother who convinced the judge to have her enrolled in Bridges of Hope for six months, instead of a prison term.
I told him that when our brother Tony is eventually released from prison, I want him to live and work somewhere else, rather than him running the risk of again falling in with his drug-addicted "friends".
I told Ronnie he might want to consider rehabilitation this year.

I had already sent fair warning to those who would abuse kickstarter backers. That would-be actor and definite scam artist has been reported to the good folks at kickstarter.com.

Tomorrow, my dear little sister arrives from San Diego.
She is going to be greeted by rain-soaked, fouled, carpet in the back of her dad's truck.
That carpet was placed there almost two weeks ago, during the traumatic cleaning of his house. The dump had been full, so the ditching of the carpet had to wait for two days.
On the appointed day, I had shown up to handle the task, only to be told to let it wait for her trip to Savannah. I still have the text messages from her wife, directing me to leave that mess right there.
Since that day, we have had several days of steady rainfall.
Sad.
But I'm glad I still have the text messages on my phone, both those from her wife as well as my replies. The old man across the street can vouch for my actions.
At least it won't be a case of who said what.
Thank God for text messaging.

No comments: